Conference Venue Address:
Address: Spier Hotel and Conference Centre, R300, Lynedoch (5 minutes from Stellenbosch)
Registration & Information Desk
This service will be situated in the foyer outside the main auditorium in the conference centre
Should you require a letter of invitation please contact our registration office on:
Tel: +27 (0) 21 910 1913.
Yellow Fever Certificate
A yellow fever certificate is only required if you are travelling from or have recently visited a country which has a high risk of yellow fever. Please check with your travel agent.
Weather in Stellenbosch in March: The average high temperatures rise to 25.5°C / 78°F here in March and fall to 14.5°C / 58 °F with an average 1 inch of rainfall expected over the month. You can enjoy around 12 hours of sunshine daily on average.
Currency and exchange
The South African Rand (ZAR) is the local currency. Foreign exchange can be done at the airport as well as at all major hotels. Notes come in denominations of R10, R20, R50, R100 and R200; and coins come in 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, R1, R2 and R5. There are two R5 coins in circulation, both of which are legal currency. All transactions are rounded down to the nearest 5c. Rand (ZAR). 100 cents equals one rand. A passport will be required for ALL transactions.
A passport will be required for ALL transactions. Foreigners can claim sales tax refunds and should ask salesmen to fill out a tax refund form when purchasing any goods.
Credit cards, shopping
The South African Rand (ZAR) is the local currency. All major credit cards are accepted throughout South Africa. Various automatic teller machines are located within walking distance of the official hotels and the CTICC.
The voltage throughout South Africa is 220V/50hz. Most plugs are 15 amp 3-prong or 5 amp 2-prong, in both cases with round pins. If you’re bringing anything electrical, bring an adapter. Most hotels have 110 volt outlets for electric shavers and appliances. Adaptors can be bought at the airport on your arrival, and may be available at your hotel.
Refunds – Accounts Queries
Contact the Registration Desk.
We urge delegates to take care of their personal possessions at all times and exhibitors to be particularly aware during the period of exhibition build-up and breakdown. Lock – up storage is available.
Must please be worn at all times for security reasons.
Food and Drink: Only water may be consumed inside the auditorium. Please respect this request. Smoking: Strict legislation governs smoking in public places in South Africa. Smoking is absolutely forbidden inside the Conference Centre.
Mobile phones: Please ensure that mobile phones are on silent mode during the conference sessions. Time-keeping: As time will be very tight, delegates are requested to respect the starting times for all sessions.
Emergency Medical Services
Dial 10111 from any mainline telephone for an emergency response.
All guests are responsible for own insurance.
The organising committee, the congress organiser, accept no liability for any damages, injury and/loss of whatever nature by participants and/or accompanying person.
- Cape-Town info
- Spier Hotel Spa: http://www.spier.co.za/visit/spa
- Wine Tasting: http://www.spier.co.za/visit/wine-tasting
- Picnics: https://www.spier.co.za/food/picnics-at-spier
- Self-guided walks: https://www.spier.co.za/visit/self-guided-walks
- Vineyard Segway Tours: https://www.spier.co.za/visit/vineyard-segway-tour
- Eagle Encounters https://www.spier.co.za/visit/eagle-encounters
- Craft Market http://www.spier.co.za/visit/craft-market
- Artisan Studio: https://www.spier.co.za/visit/spier-artisan-studio
- Qhubeka Buffalo Bicycles: https://www.spier.co.za/blog/explore-the-farm-on-a-qhubeka-bike
- Shopping: We have a Craft Market, Hotel Shop, Wine Shop and Farm Deli onsite. In Stellenbosch itself (not far from Spier) there are also several shopping options, as well as malls close by.
- Children: We offer a variety of activities onsite ideal for kids: https://www.spier.co.za/hotel/kids-activities
Abstract submission opening date:
1 July 2019
Travel scholarship application closing date:
15 November 2019
Abstract submission closing:
1 Dec 2019
Notification of acceptance of abstract:
10 December 2019
Registration early bird cut off:
25 January 2020